24 hours before your spray tan
Waxing or shaving should be undertaken 24 hours before your spray tan to allow the pores of the skin to be closed. When the skin’s pores are open, bronzer can became trapped creating a ‘spotty’ effect. It also can leave your skin very shiny and the tan does not adhere well.
The day of your spray tan
- Having new clean skin is vital for your spray tan to take. We recommend exfoliation to achieve the best possible preparation. Exfoliation removes the dead skin cells prolonging the life of your tan. It is important you pay particular attention to dry areas such as knees, elbows and heels. Do not use any oil base scrubs.
- Ensure your skin is FREE of ANY product, such as: make-up, deodorant, lotions, moisturisers, perfumes or sprays. These products can create a barrier preventing the tan developing properly.
- Use clear nail polish to seal finger nails and toe nails.
- Bring along to your tanning session loose, dark clothing to wear after you receive your spray tan. Tight clothes can rub against your tan, leading to inferior results.
- On hot days it is recommended you bring a towel for the seat of your car to prevent any bronzer from rubbing onto your car seats in high temperatures.
During your sprays tan’s development time
- Avoid water, heat, exercise and any task that may cause you to perspire.
- Avoid exposing yourself to different temperatures as this too will cause you to prepare particularly on very hot days. This can negatively impact on your tan.
Your development time has finished
Please make sure that you follow your tanning technicians recommended time to wash off your tan to ensure you achieve the best result possible.
Express / Rapid Tans
Lightly rinse your body in a warm shower for about 30 seconds only. Do not use any shampoo, product or wash cloths at this time as your tan is continuing to develop after you have rinsed off your bronzer.
Whilst rinsing, you will see a lot of brown coloured water coming away from your skin. Do not worry, this is normal and is simply the bronzer washing away. Your fantastic tan is still developing! Pat your skin day.
8 Hour / Overnight Tan
Shower as normal upon rising.
How Soon Do I See Colour?
Your new tan will be visible anywhere from 1 to 8 hours and in some cases continue to develop for up to 12 hours to deliver beautiful rich colour
Maintaining your spray tan
- Moisturise your skin day and night. This is very important!
- When showering do not use products that contain sulphates as they can break down your bodies natural oils and strip your tan.
- Avoid chlorinated pools and spas as they can strip your spray tan however our product (Black Magic Tan) lock will assist in reducing colour loss when using these facilities.
Your spray tan will last between 7 to 10 days. These results vary depending on the condition of your skin which plays an important role in the end result of your tan.
All Black Magic sprays tans will fade like a natural tan when applied correctly
To prolong your spray tan we recommend moisturise daily
The skin types are based on the Fitzpatrick scale. Types 5 and 6 have been excluded as they already have beautiful dark skin and are not in need os a spray tan.
|Skin Type 1/A
||Skin type 2/B
|You always burn and never tan in the sun.
Skin: Ivory white, fair or Pale
|You almost always burn and rarely tan in the sun.
Skin: Fair to beige with golden undertone
|Skin Type 3/C
||Skin Type 4/D
|You sometimes burn and sometimes tan in the sun.
Skin: Olive or light brown
|You tend to tan easily and are less likely to burn.
Skin: Dark brown